WELCOME TO NAIJAWALKER

NEWS | SPORTS | CELEBRITY GIST | MIXTAPE | COMEDY VIDEOS | JOKES | TECH | FASHION

PROMOTE MUSIC | ADVERTISE | SUBMIT FREEBEAT


  • Tiwa Savage: I was so broke I lived in ashelter in New York
  • Singer Tiwa Savage has reflected on the
    time she was so broke and had to live
    in a shelter in Bedford –Stuyvesant, New
    York . The ace singer made this
    statement at a surprise party organised
    by her friends for her album launch,
    Celia.
    Based on a video posted on singer, Lami
    Phillips Instagram account, the
    sonorous singer , Tiwa Savage described
    Bedford –Stuyvesant popularly referred
    to as Bed- Stuy , as a project in New York
    known to shelter the poor mostly with
    drug addiction problems .
    The singer said she had just graduated
    from school at the time but couldn’ t
    work due to her citizenship status.

    “ I think I was 22 and we were in New
    York . I was living in Bed- Stuy, kind of
    like a shelter. A lot of people didn’ t
    know this .
    “ I was in a shelter for women that had
    drug abuse problems .
    “ I just graduated from school. You
    know as an international student you
    can ’t work . So, I couldn ’t work . I was
    doing the side thing in Bed- Stuy which
    is like the hood in Brooklyn, ” Tiwa
    Savage said.
    The singer went on to reveal how she
    met with Elizabeth Elohor , a former
    beauty queen , who took her out to eat
    in New York when she was hungry .
    She noted that since she was broke at
    the time she had to order only
    appetizers.
    “ She was ordering food and I ordered
    appetizers because I was so broke and I
    was so hungry .
    “ And I remember she was looking at
    me and asked , ‘ what are you
    ordering? .’ And I was just lying that I’m
    not hungry .
    “ And then she just started asking me,
    ‘are you sure?. ’ And then I just started
    crying . And then she ’s just like , ‘ what is
    the matter ?. ’ I said, ‘Elohor , I don’ t
    have money. ’

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks